Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Burning Bush


Moses had his burning bush while tending sheep in the wolderness of Sinai.  I had mine while recovering from two weeks in the wilderness of fear.
 
These past two weeks have been rather difficult.  Heart tests, catheterizations, possible stent or by-pass.  None of the results were as both I and my doctor feared.

I was truly blessed to have:

·         Wonderful friends and family who were praying for me

·         A fine doctor who knew what to look for

·         Relief from at least three years anxiety over my heart.

Now, what do I do with that blessing?

·         I could just pass it off as insufficient testing

·         I could just ignore the medical advice I’ve been given

·         I could go back to waiting for the next event that would trigger an “episode.”

I choose to do none of these!

I’ve been given the opportunity to deeply reflect on my life, my health, my behavior, my fears.  Why waste such a blessing as I’ve been given?

There is simply no way to ignore the presence of God in those around me over the last few weeks.

I will “pay forward” the blessing by praising God and asking God’s grace to be a blessing to those around me.

Please don’t wait until “you see the dragon in the pit” to make this kind of commitment.

I have this day – nothing else is promised, and the beauty of it has continued to remind me of God’s wondrous grace and love.

Brother Simeon
Finding spiritual bread where I didn’t know it existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment